This modification adds a function called Freight Bills to the Accounts Payable Transactions menu to create AP Transactions from Freight Bill information backed by data from an existing Bill of Lading.
To create a new Freight Bill entry you may enter the data in the empty row at the bottom of the grid, or use the data navigator control at the bottom of the grid to create a new record (+).
- Freight Type (required): The type of freight bill. Either Inbound or Outbound.
- Vendor ID (required): The vendor ID related to the freight bill. You may manually enter the vendor ID or use the drop-down button to select from a vendor lookup.
- Territory (Sales Rep): The territory/sales rep code for the freight bill.
- City: The city for the freight bill.
- Region/State: The region/state for the freight bill.
- Country (required): The country for the freight bill.
- Postal Code: The postal code for the freight bill.
- Document ID (required): The freight bill document ID.
- Document Date: The freight bill document date.
- Mileage: The total mileage applied to the freight bill.
- Fuel Surcharge: The total fuel surcharge applied to the freight bill.
- Detention: The detention rate applied to the freight bill.
- Drop Off Fee: The drop off fee applied to the freight bill.
- Freight Charge: The freight charge applied to the freight bill.
- Cost Per Mile: This field is automatically calculated as the quotient of the freight charge and mileage.
- Link: A document to link to the freight bill entry. This will typically be a scanned version of the freight bill document. You may manually enter the full path of the document or click in the field and use the button to browse for the file. This document link will be attached to the AP Transaction when it is created.
Once you have entered the data for the freight bill click detail expand button on the far left of the row to view the details associated with it. Here you will enter the freight bill breakdown for the fuel surcharge and the freight charge(s). A fuel surcharge line will automatically be created for you with the full amount of the fuel surcharge applied to it.
Note that the Freight Bill detail entries have been added as detail line entries for the AP transaction. Here you can update the transaction and assign item IDs for each line item if desired to update your inventory. You can then proceed to post the transactions as normal.
If a document was linked to the Freight Bill entry it will be accessible here via the yellow note icon in the top right of the plugin window.
You will also see on the Payments tab that a payment amount has automatically been created for you for the full amount of the freight bill.
- Custom Bill of Lading created from a Sales Order or Location Transfer